[Nix-dev] NixOps on Vserver

mb at thought2.de mb at thought2.de
Mon Mar 27 23:36:34 CEST 2017

I installed NixOS on a Vserver and tried to deploy a config to it with
NixOps. The remote server started to rebuild based on this but it
finally failed.

Unfortunately I don't have the exact message anymore.

My question is generally: Where would the remote system build the
deployed system? Would it, when successful, be a 'system in the system'
of any sort? If so, would it need an extra partition? I can't imagine
that it replaces itself with it. (Even though it looked like this..)

Unfortunately there's not much documentation about this, but I heard
that people are doing this thing successfully...