[Nix-dev] NixOPS container backend input needed

Johannes Bornhold johannes.bornhold at gmail.com
Fri Mar 24 02:26:16 CET 2017

Hi!

I've been fiddling around with NixOPS and the container backend quite a bit during the last days and now I got to a point where I'd like to get most of the power of declarative containers also for imperative ones, since that's the base used by NixOPS.

There is a rough idea how to do this and some example code. Details are on this issue in Github: https://github.com/NixOS/nixpkgs/issues/18355#issuecomment-288903363

Basic idea is to allow to configure declarative and imperative containers in the same way, so that the repetitive logic in the script nixos-container could be reduced to a minimum.

My main challenge at the moment is to find out if I should proceed into this direction or not. I am not sure who are the best people to ping about nixos-container and NixOPS in this regard and if there are maybe already people working on this problem in similar or different approaches.

Any hints welcome :)

Johannes