[Nix-dev] YouCompleteMe in 16.09

benley at gmail.com benley at gmail.com
Sun Mar 19 20:26:14 CET 2017

The answer is somewhat more complex than one might expect, but there is
documentation about how to build vim along with various plugins at
https://github.com/NixOS/nixpkgs/blob/master/doc/languages-frameworks/vim.md

Here is an example ~/.nixpkgs/config.nix with an example of what I think
you are looking for:

{
  packageOverrides = super: with super; {

    myVim = pkgs.vim_configurable.customize {
      name = "vim-with-youcompleteme";
      vimrcConfig = {
        # You can insert your vimrc content here, or have vim source the
        # one from your homedir like I do:
        customRC = ''
          source ~/.vimrc
          set secure
        '';
        vam.knownPlugins = pkgs.vimPlugins;
        vam.pluginDictionaries = [{
          names = [
            "youcompleteme"
          ];
        }];
      };
    };
  };
}

With that in place you can run `nix-env -iA nixpkgs.myVim` to install it to
your user profile.