[Nix-dev] Trouble building qtbase-5.8.0 from master (installing qutebrowser)

Sergiu Ivanov sivanov at colimite.fr
Sat Mar 18 21:44:46 CET 2017

Hello,

I'm trying to install the latest qutebrowser form my local checkout of
nixpkgs using the following command:

  nix-env -f ~/nixpkgs -i qutebrowser

This pulls qtbase-5.8.0, which has trouble building:

  applying patch /nix/store/vzr5m4d4czacfr99bc5hmrjs3hs1xia6-qtbase
  patch: **** Only garbage was found in the patch input.

I attach the full output of nix-env on the _second_ run (that is, it
only describes the attempt of building qtbase).

Could someone give me a hand in debugging/fixing the issue?  qtbase
packaging goes across many .nix files; I have trouble finding the origin
of the issue :-(

(I seem to have a pretty reliable Internet connection, the relevant
patch files in /nix/store seem fine.)

--
Sergiu