[Nix-dev] Questions about the all-packages fixpoint

Nicolas Pierron nicolas.b.pierron at nbp.name
Fri Mar 17 22:35:43 CET 2017

On Fri, Mar 17, 2017 at 9:38 PM, Benno Fünfstück
<benno.fuenfstueck at gmail.com> wrote:
> One thing that is nicer about `self.callPackage` though is that you can
> follow the rule "whenever taking something from self does not lead infinite
> recursion, take it from self" when writing overrides.

And we should not advertise that, because this would lead to packages
which are not patched, under the rules of the future security-update
work.
So whatever you think this is simpler or not, this is incorrect, I
guess we could nullify these functions in the latest layer, preventing
callPackage to ever be used through `self`.

--
Nicolas Pierron
http://www.linkedin.com/in/nicolasbpierron - http://nbp.name/