[Nix-dev] Teamviewer will not connect to remote machine

Christoph-Simon Senjak christoph.senjak at googlemail.com
Fri Mar 17 16:43:29 CET 2017

Hi.

I am trying to use the TeamViewer client on NixOS. I added `teamviewer`
to my `environment.systemPackages` in `configuration.nix`, and set

  services.teamviewer.enable = true;

Mostly, after boot, the client complains about no network connection
being available, but after restarting teamviewerd, I can log in to my
account. However, after when I select my remote machine, and try to
connect to it, the teamviewer main window minimizes, but no remote
connection window shows, as it would do normally.

My first guess is that, since everything is in wine, there is some
problem with spawning another windows process. However, I have now idea
how to confirm that. It works inside my Win10 VM and it works inside my
Debian VM, so it cannot be a problem with my account or remote machine.

I would appreciate any help. I don't even know how to further
investigate on this problem. Journalctl does not say anything, and the
stdout of teamviewer also has no info. The gui.log sais, when trying to
connect,

fixme:nls:GetGeoInfoW -1 4 0x1dee2ec 3 0
fixme:nls:GetGeoInfoW -1 4 0x1dee2ec 3 0
fixme:nls:GetGeoInfoW -1 4 0x1dee2ec 3 0
fixme:nls:GetGeoInfoW -1 4 0x1dee2ec 3 0
fixme:nls:GetGeoInfoW -1 8 (nil) 0 0

The file TeamViewer12_Logfile.log contains lots of entries like

2017/03/17 16:41:35.393     8     9 GX0!  TeamViewer.exe: unable to send
command 7
2017/03/17 16:41:36.393     8     9 GX0!  TeamViewer.exe: unable to send
command 7
2017/03/17 16:41:37.393     8     9 GX0!  TeamViewer.exe: unable to send
command 7

Best Regards,
Christoph-Simon Senjak