[Nix-dev] NixOS 17.03 Beta, 16.09 Security Support Timeline

Oliver Charles ollie at ocharles.org.uk
Thu Mar 9 11:26:26 CET 2017

On Wed, Mar 8, 2017 at 9:16 AM Thomas Hunger <tehunger at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Graham,
>
> I tried reproducing the nixos-rebuild switch issue for setuid wrappers
> without success: Can you point me to an issue, or give a hint for what you
> mean by "break setuid binaries"? I'd like to fix this but don't yet
> understand what's going on.

I have ran the instructions in the original post, finishing with
nixos-rebuild boot, and am left with the setuid problem, I believe.

sudo: /run/current-system/sw/bin/sudo must be owned by uid 0 and have the
setuid bit set

It seems like using `boot` should have a fixed this, but it hasn't. Any
ideas? <http://lists.science.uu.nl/mailman/listinfo/nix-dev>

- Ollie