[Nix-dev] Hydra Building PRs

Bas van Dijk v.dijk.bas at gmail.com
Mon Mar 6 16:33:49 CET 2017

On 28 January 2017 at 14:20, Graham Christensen <graham at grahamc.com> wrote:

> Packet.net is also one of the only hosting companies I know of which
> rents Cavium ThunderX ARMv8s, and they're very interested in our
> supporting this architecture. Soon, with the help of Dezgeg,
> prs.nix.gsc.io will also building PRs against ARMv8.
>
> After that works, I've spoken with Rob, and it sounds like
> hydra.nixos.org will gain the ability to run ARMv8 builds, too.

Hi Graham, what's te status of this project?

I'm currently upgrading some Raspberry Pi 3's s to NixOS-17.03 but the
build of gcc is getting killed by what I expect is the OOM killer (Pi's
only have 1GB of RAM). It would be great to utilise a Cavium ThunderX
machine for this.

Are there any blockers; technology-wise, timewise, fundingwise for this
project to succeed? Do you need help? Maybe I can help.

Regards,

Bas