[Nix-dev] 'nixos-stable' channel? (was: Re: NixOS 17.03 Beta, 16.09 Security Support Timeline)

Kevin Cox kevincox at kevincox.ca
Sun Mar 5 20:22:50 CET 2017

Oops, forgot to include the list.

On Mar 5, 2017 16:15, "Sander" <nixos at humilis.net> wrote:

Graham Christensen wrote (ao):
> NixOS 17.03 has entered Beta. This means we now have 3 versions of NixOS
> being developed:
>
>  - 16.09 (stable)
>  - 17.03 (beta)
>  - unstable

Would it make sense to have a 'nixos-stable' channel that points to
whatever channel is stable?

It's kinda a weird concept, as there would be breaking changes whenever it
switched between releases but I do see the use of a more tested stream then
nixos-unstable. Maybe it would be a channel with breaking changes but "no"
broken packages?

I would love to hear what people think about this.