[Nix-dev] no network virtualbox install

Daniel Barlow dan at telent.net
Wed Jun 21 12:35:33 CEST 2017

Hi Andreas, did that fix it for you?

I've just run up against the same problem (or at least, the same symptoms)
and in my case the problem was in the Virtualbox settings: after importing
the appliance into Virtualbox I need to

* go to Machine -> Settings
* click the "Network" tab
* open the "Advanced" settings (click the triangle)
* check the checkbox labelled "Cable Connected"

This is using Virtualbox Version 5.0.20 r106931 on MacOS Sierra (10.12.4
(16E195))

I don't know whether Bas' fix would have worked because I was unable to run
nixos-rebuild switch because no networking ... but trying to run dhcpcd by
hand was reporting "no carrier" messages.

Hope this helps, if you don't already have it running

-dan

dan at telent.net
http://ww.telent.net