[Nix-dev] GCC Cross Compiler Version

Angelo Bulfone mbulfone at gmail.com
Mon Jun 12 19:56:35 CEST 2017

Hello,

I'm trying to make a nix expression to build bare metal cross compilers for
operating system development, but I would like to use a target that is only
available with GCC7. I was able to build a cross compiler with
gccCrossStageStatic, but that's restricted to GCC5.
The closest I've gotten has been using wrapCCCross with gcc = pkgs.gcc7,
but then it complains about attribute 'langCC' missing, which appears to be
an argument to gcc, but is not stored in the set.
Does anyone know the best way to make a bare metal cross compiler for a
specific gcc version and target?

Thank you for any assistance.
Angelo