[Nix-dev] Hydra and security updates

Nicolas Pierron nicolas.b.pierron at nbp.name
Sun Jun 4 00:58:46 CEST 2017

On Sat, Jun 3, 2017 at 1:26 PM, Graham Christensen <graham at grahamc.com> wrote:
> This is part of my inclination of not really loving PR#10851, it is
> complicated and goes around the normal proceses, even when we can easily
> deploy fairly quickly.

The problem that I have with the current solutions is that they
involve _user_ actions (*), they do not address all uses cases, and
potentially a lot of local recompilation time.

PR#10851 goals are to address all of these issues.
>From the _maintainer_ point-of-view, this would be as simple as a
cherry-pick (*).
>From the user point of view, this would be like any ordinary channel.
>From hydra point of view, this would be only rebuilding packages which
have patches, or which are statically linked.

(*) goes around the normal processes.

--
Nicolas Pierron
http://www.linkedin.com/in/nicolasbpierron - http://nbp.name/