[Nix-dev] Announcing nix-acbuild . Create appc containers from nix packages with ease

Putten, A. van (Arian) a.vanputten at uu.nl
Sat Jun 3 17:11:44 CEST 2017

Hey there folks,

Are you not in the position to force your company to run NixOS, but can you convince them to
run containers?   For example, your are running a Kubernetes cluster on CoreOS or Openshif?

I've created a small nix script that packages up any nix package into a AppC container, that can then
be run using the rkt container engine.   I use this to deploy my haskell applications to a CoreOS kubernetes cluster.

The only thing you need is a computer with nix installed. NixOS is not a prerequisite.

Documentation is not there yet, but I've added an example how you would deploy nginx. The script
isn't perfect yet, but it is pretty feature complete. Feedback would be appreciated!

https://github.com/arianvp/nix-acbuild

Kind regards,

Arian