[Nix-dev] Sway window manager nix package

Samuel Leathers disasm at gmail.com
Mon Jul 10 17:41:26 CEST 2017

Hi Chris,

For a symlink from the nix store into /etc you would need to use writeText
to write a file with the contents (I'm assuming empty string) and then use
environment.etc to link that file into /etc; however this would be
immutable and swaylock would not be able to modify this file if done this
way. I would expect a lock file to be created by the application at
runtime, and /etc/pam.d seems like an odd place for a lock file to me.

To change the sway version on build, there's a VERSION parameter in the
cmakelists file in the source repo. I'm not familiar with CMAKE, but if you
figure out how to set that option on the command line, you could change the
buildPhase to call cmake with that variable set instead. I'm guessing the
1970 thing is because it's getting the date modified for the binary and all
nix binaries for reproducibility in the store are set to 0 seconds after
the epoch for the date.

Thanks,

Sam