[Nix-dev] [***SPAM***] Re: Call For Maintainers - Fractalide BETA release

Michael Raskin 7c6f434c at mail.ru
Thu Jan 12 15:46:35 CET 2017

>> please speak for yourself. I found Stewart's message both interesting
>> and relevant for this mailing list -- much more so than the trolling and
>> flaming that followed it. I did not respond simply because I had nothing
>> meaningful to say, so please don't include me in that "us" crowd that
>> apparently ignores Stewart because I don't.
>
>Hereby excluding you from the silent majority. I admit that invoking the
>silent majority was bad form and apologize.
>
>In fact, I do find Stewart's project interesting and agreeable, in and of
>itself, and I have said as much in a private continuation of this thread.
>
>However, I do continue to find the message completely inappropriate for
>nix-dev (for all the reasons I detailed) and I think it's a pity that you
>find it relevant, as you have obviously brought more to the NixOS table
>than me and Stewart combined, hence are more likely to be heard.

Have we come to voting yet? I have failed to understand relevance in the
form as posted, the two-sentence summary hasn't made things better, the
project per se may be interesting if there are interesting new ideas
about various stuff, and there probably are but none were announced
visibly in the original post. Text about governance of a project not
directly related to Nix impedes skimming the substantial ideas of the
project itself from the message.

In my opinion, the original message contained too much of a call to an
action unrelated to Nix.