[Nix-dev] [NixDev] buildFHSUserEnv, network problems

Sergey Mironov grrwlf at gmail.com
Thu Sep 22 14:09:54 CEST 2016

I solved my problem (2). The solution was to add "iana_etc" package to
the list of 'buildFHSUserEnv'. It creates file /etc/protocols which
stack reads.

> Side note about Buildroot + buildFHSUserEnv. I hit an issue with
> fakeroot, which Buildroot uses near the end of the build process, due
> to user namespace. Upstream bug:

Bjorn, you are right, now I am hitting this issue too. Since I have
not option of switching to another build system, Is there any
workaround for this bug? Maybe using buildFHSChrootEnv which looks
more generic? At what point do we use "unshare" ?

Regards,
Sergey