[Nix-dev] Proposal: Highly available security-specific trusted build infrastructure

Shea Levy shea at shealevy.com
Sun Oct 16 19:24:19 CEST 2016

The existing infrastructure will always have more load and be more
complex than what is needed for security updates. hydra is a fully
general CI system, and properly so, but it means the system is subject
to bugs and constraints that a simpler more focused system can avoid.

Moreover, for better or for worse hydra.nixos.org is only manageable by
a small set of people who are not always available to service it (nor
should they have to be!). No amount of improving hydra will fix that.

~Shea