[Nix-dev] how to successfully install owncloud/nextcloud

Bjørn Forsman bjorn.forsman at gmail.com
Fri Oct 14 20:21:16 CEST 2016

On 14 October 2016 at 20:06, Stefan Huchler <stefan.huchler at mail.de> wrote:
> Hello Bjorn,
>
> thanks that looks interesting, worked and as easy as I expect it from
> nixos :)
>
> One more thing how difficult would it be to add https?

The most difficult part (IMHO) is getting the certificate : -)

I use something like:

  services.lighttpd.extraConfig = ''
        # Lighttpd SSL/HTTPS documentation:
        # http://redmine.lighttpd.net/projects/lighttpd/wiki/Docs_SSL

        $HTTP["host"] == "myserver.example" {
          $SERVER["socket"] == ":443" {
            ssl.engine = "enable"
            ssl.pemfile = "/etc/lighttpd/certs/myserver.example.pem"
            ssl.ca-file = "/etc/lighttpd/certs/1_Intermediate.crt"
          }

          # Force https scheme for nextcloud
          $HTTP["scheme"] == "http" {
            $HTTP["url"] =~ "^/nextcloud" {
              url.redirect = ("^/.*" => "https://myserver.example$0")
            }
          }
        }
  '';

You can get free certificate from startssl.com (that's what I use).

Best regards,
Bjørn Forsman