[Nix-dev] recursiveUpdate for lists

Tomasz Czyż tomasz.czyz at gmail.com
Tue Oct 11 15:44:40 CEST 2016

Basically I created simple wrapper function to create systemd services.

The function produces something like

{
  my-service={
    requires=["service1.service"];
  };
}

I want to customize it after with recursiveUpdate function, I want to merge
it with

{
  my-service={
    requires=["some-other.service"]
  };
}

I tried to avoid module stuff as in that case if I understand correctly I
need to prepare my description of systemd service on top of standard nix
systemd config structures which is probably big waste.

What do you think?

> Something like https://github.com/NixOS/nixpkgs/blob/master/lib/types.
> nix#L117 ?
>
> I don't know what you are dealing with, but probably you could
> delegate it to modules.

> > Hi,
> >
> > I'm using recursiveUpdate to merge some attribute sets to construct
> > configurations.
> >
> > Does anyone know similar function but which also merges lists?
> > recursiveUpdate just overrides list from the lastest attribute instead of
> > merging (list it does for attributes).
> >
> > Tom

Tomasz Czyż