[Nix-dev] Nix Logo license

Tim Cuthbertson tim at gfxmonk.net
Sun Oct 2 08:49:55 CEST 2016

Hi all,

Thomasz recently asked about the Nix logo license, and when I searched I
noticed there had been another question about this a few months ago on the
mailing list (which I missed).

Apologies for not addressing this sooner, I agree that we should be
explicit about the logo license. I'm happy to go along with pretty much
whatever the nix project prefers (CC-BY has already been suggested), and if
there's some official nix project entity which could be credited, I'd be
happy to assign copyright there too (so you could just credit e.g. the nix
foundation, not me specifically).

@edolstra: are you happy with a CC-BY license for the logo? I'm holding off
from _actually_ declaring it yet in case you'd prefer to restrict
derivatives or something, but if I don't hear back from you within a week
I'll assume that CC-BY is fine :). And if you are happy with CC-BY, could
you go ahead and declare that on the website / repo somewhere so we have it
in writing for anyone else that comes looking?

Cheers,
 - Tim.