[Nix-dev] X server & Emacs crashes in 16.09

Linus Arver linusarver at gmail.com
Thu Nov 10 21:47:07 CET 2016

On Thu, Nov 10, 2016 at 07:26:18PM +0100, Milan Zamazal wrote:
> Since I upgraded to 16.09, I've been experiencing quite frequent
> (several times per week) segmentation faults of X server or Emacs on my
> computer.  That has never happened before the upgrade and AFAICT no
> other application suffers from that problem.
>
> Is this a known problem?

Not that I am aware. FWIW I've been on 16.09 (have been on the 16.09
channel within a week of it going live) and have not seen any X or Emacs
crashes. Still, you are probably on to something.

> Any idea what can be wrong?

Well, could you provide some details? Going by the template in the
Nixpkgs issue tracker (if you click on "New issue"), here's what you can
report:

* System: (NixOS: `nixos-version`, Ubuntu/Fedora: `lsb_release -a`, ...)
* Nix version: (run `nix-env --version`)
* Nixpkgs version: (run `nix-instantiate --eval '<nixpkgs>' -A lib.nixpkgsVersion`)

I think it's worth opening a new issue on Nixpkgs instead of continuing
this on the list.

Best,
Linus