[Nix-dev] NixOps - secret/credentials management

Tomasz Czyż tomasz.czyz at gmail.com
Thu May 12 01:57:25 CEST 2016

Hi all NixOps users and devs.

I wanted to deploy some secrets/certificates to machines and I'm not sure
how to do that. I would like to avoid storing those in nix store. Is there
any way to deploy secrets to machines and not use nix store?

I know there is solution to deploy disk encryption keys which is stored in
state file, but what about other secrets? Is there any general way to
handle that?

I thought that I could do that using "nixops ssh" feature, but I would like
to describe those credentials in network.nix file, is that possible?