[Nix-dev] Changing how we compose all-packages and stdenvs

Ericson, John john_ericson at brown.edu
Sat May 7 22:52:25 CEST 2016

I have a PR[1] at that makes simplifies things by plunging in stdenvs to
top-level rather than calling back and forth. Additionally @Mathnerd314 has
a few extra commits on top, that look good to me. [See the PR description
and comment thread for a clarification on all of that.]

The PR hasn't received any attention in the last week or so, and
furthermore as a fairly fundamental (if invisible) change to the way
nixpkgs works, I think it should get as many eyes as possible, especially
from those that maintain the stdenvs today. Hence I am emailing the list.

Thanks,

John

[1]: https://github.com/NixOS/nixpkgs/pull/15043