[Nix-dev] is NixOps GCE support functional (March 2016)?

Anders Papitto anderspapitto at gmail.com
Sat Mar 19 22:40:22 CET 2016

I've just set up a gce account to test nixops with gce, and after plugging
in my credentials into the examples

cd nixops/examples
vim trivial-gce.nix # plug in credentials
nixops create trivial.nix trivial-gce.nix -d trivial-gce
nixops deploy -d trivial-gce

I get an error about a malformed request.

$ nixops deploy -d gce-test
bootstrap> creating GCE image
'n-ed828eebee1811e58b2054ee75421923-bootstrap'...
error: < lots of html garbage > Your client has issued a malformed or
illegal request. That's all we know. < / end html garbage >

Is this supposed to work, or is gce support in a known-bitrotted state? How
can I debug this further (e.g. is there a way to log the actual requests
being made)?

- Anders Papitto