[Nix-dev] How to use binaries from other hosts?

Matthias Beyer mail at beyermatthias.de
Mon Mar 14 10:07:01 CET 2016

Hi,

I'm on nixos unstable. As racket does not build and my thinkpad takes hours to
build it, I got myself a debian VM in my university cloud and compiled racket
there.

How can I retrieve the closure from there?

I tried _everything_. I cannot nix-copy-closure, as this one does not allow me
to set the SSH port (which isn't 22 but something above 10000).

I tried to nix-store --export, copy via SCP and then nix-store --import, but it
fails as the closure is not signed...

Can someone please help me with this?

I normally install racket with a nix-shell for my blog environment. I guess I
should make this shell env persistent to be save of GC, though I cannot find
documentation on how to _remove_ a persistent shell env... and I want to know
how to remove it, before making it permanent.

--
Mit freundlichen Grüßen,
Kind regards,

Proudly sent with mutt.