[Nix-dev] Open source team messaging: mattermost

Herwig Hochleitner hhochleitner at gmail.com
Tue Mar 8 15:30:53 CET 2016

> That one requires action on the part of the user

I wouldn't appreciate a bot spamming me on channel entry and I doubt that
IRC can be retrofitted to behave like group chat.

> unlike the newfangled group chat tools, but ok.

To me, those are all pretty much DOA and I hope they all burn.
Not that I'm opposed to the idea of persistent history (quite contrary),
but the world really doesn't need another centralized chat protocol. As
soon as there is a proper p2p chat, based on WebRTC, with persistent
history based on a DHT, I'm game.