[Nix-dev] Open source team messaging: mattermost

Profpatsch mail at profpatsch.de
Tue Mar 8 15:30:07 CET 2016

On 16-03-08 06:30am, Wout Mertens wrote:
> With IRC, you have to open your client, fire off your question a few times
> and hope that someone will know the answer eventually. I can't have IRC
> open at work all day.

You haven't heard of bouncers? ZNC for example.
If as a developer you run an IRC client on your laptop (and only there)
you are doing something wrong.

Btw. I don’t even use a bouncer. mosh, tmux & weechat are probably
the lowest maintenance toolset I know of, and everything automatically
reconnects after the network goes back up. Dedicated machines are as low
as 6.99€/month at the moment.

--
Proudly written in Mutt with Vim on NixOS.
A: http://five.sentenc.es