[Nix-dev] Fwd: Re: Displaying package parameters

jeaye contact at jeaye.com
Sat Mar 5 20:13:58 CET 2016

On Mon, Feb 29, 2016 at 11:24:32AM +0100, Jonn Mostovoy wrote:
> Wow, very nice!
> Maybe people reporting that it doesn't work weren't patient enough to wait
> for it to load the entirety of packages ;)

If I load the page, wait 5 minutes (should be long enough...), and type
'firefox', I can select the 'firefox-44.0.2' option and still see:

error     some error happened

This clearly isn't a matter of being impatient.

> I just wanted to share that I tried displaying package parameters on the
> nixos homepage and the current result can be seen here:
> http://schmitthenner.eu/nixos-homepage/nixos/packages.html.

This is superb. As mentioned, there are still some errors with common
packages, but this is already very useful. Thanks for the work and for
providing the source.