[Nix-dev] Configuring vim with override

Nikita Karetnikov nikita at karetnikov.org
Wed Mar 2 21:21:56 CET 2016

 Wed, Mar 02, 2016 at 10:00:00AM +1100, Jookia wrote:
> vim_configurable is used like this:
>
>   myVim = pkgs.vim_configurable.merge {
>     features = "huge"; # one of  tiny, small, normal, big or huge
>     gui = "gtk";
>     cfg = {
>       pythonSupport = true;
>       python3Support = true;
>       multibyteSupport = true;
>     };
>     flags = {
>       xim.enable = true;
>     };
>   };

When I tried something similar today, rehash && vim --version didn't show
+cscope.  But then I decided (finally!) to check the hash of my current vim and
the one that was built.  They were different.  Probably one of my previous
attempts did work, but I failed to notice.  So now the question is why the
current vim package doesn't point to the right version.