[Nix-dev] Overriding by removing a derivation attribute

Kosyrev Serge _deepfire at feelingofgreen.ru
Wed Mar 2 15:38:40 CET 2016

Daniel Bergey <bergey at teallabs.org> writes:
> I think I recall using this combination:
>
>           revision = null;
>           editedCabalFile = null;

Daniel, thank you a lot, your solution actually reliably works for me!

After my preliminary success I have stumbled upon something, that in
retrospect I find quite troubling.

The success I had was due to (removeAttrs drv "editedCabalFile").
However, after a number of modifications (which I'm sure I have undone
later -- according to git) I was unable to reproduce it, no matter how I
tried.

What it means is that once -- just once -- I have managed to get a hold
of a derivation that had "editedCabalFile" effectively undone.  The
other times I was evaluating that derivation, its effect was still present.
It looked as if "removeAttrs" of "editedCabalFile" stopped
having an effect or something..

Your solution is reliable, in contrast.  Thank you!

--
с уважениeм / respectfully,
Косырев Сергей