[Nix-dev] i686-darwin?

Matthew Bauer mjbauer95 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 1 21:57:37 CET 2016

Has anyone been able to use i686-darwin with nixpkgs? I'm trying to get
Dwarf Fortress working on my Mac, and it looks like the binaries are i686
(which is what the Linux version is too). It looks like it depends on:

   - SDL
   - SDL_image
   - SDL_ttf
   - fmod

Is there any chance that a i686-darwin stdenv will *just work*? It ships
with all of those as universal Mach-O binaries but I'm hoping to get not
use them (and it looks like they're outdated). I want to know if anyone
here has tried anything like that and any thoughts on whether this is worth
even trying.

-Matt Bauer