[Nix-dev] [***SPAM***] off-topic: VCS

Michael Raskin 7c6f434c at mail.ru
Tue Mar 1 13:58:55 CET 2016

>> git commands are built around gotchas, so I will not even try to get
>> a better frontend, I will just script whatever workflow is considered
>> acceptable and use the same two scripts to minimize errors.
>
>Then I suppose you haven't seen some good attempt to a git UI/frontend
>that would significantly improve the mindset/approach? I wondered about
>those over the years, but never stumbled upon any.

Frankly, I never looked for any. I was ready to at least look at magit
today, but it is an Emacs script (I do not use Emacs).

My general attitude is that history kept in Git is probably not that
useful anyhow (as history), so I should just minimise the effort while
trying to not make things worse. If I need to actually keep track of
something complex, I will do it in a separate non-git repository and
port the patches.