[Nix-dev] hydra and nixos versions/commits at hydra.nixos.org

Tomas Hlavaty tomas.hlavaty at knowledgetools.de
Thu Jun 16 10:54:32 CEST 2016

Hi Domen,

Domen Kožar <domen at dev.si> writes:
> Hydra NixOS module and package are now available on nixpkgs master.

thank you!

> There's one bug I need to fix, then I'll backport these changes to
> 16.03.

great!

> Meanwhile, I used following commit on 16.03 before I moved to the
> fork using some improvements: https://github.com/snabblab/
> snabblab-nixos/commit/20a3fe6e9cf9e0da2a855bd1df9ce7ebad434951

good, if I don't succeed with my upgrade, I'll try that.

> Official releases will for now be pinned git revisions on nixpkgs,
> hopefully that will suffice for most of us.

Will the official hydra be on 16.03 or unstable?

> On Tue, Jun 14, 2016 at 4:21 PM, Tomas Hlavaty <
>       1258008 2016-04-15 hydraSrc → 177bf25
>       at https://hydra.nixos.org/jobset/hydra/master/evals?page=2

I am upgrading to hydra 177bf25 on nixos 16.03 and it seems to work
except that hydra lost the ability to do distributed builds.  Has
something changed in this regard in hydra/nix/nixos?

In "journal -xe" log, I can see that hydra-queue-runner loads a build
into nix-daemon but then the build is stuck as queued forever.

I can't see any error messages from nix-daemon.  Is there a way to debug
nix-daemon in order to see, what is it doing?

Tomas