[Nix-dev] Importing a .nix.gpg file?

Michal Rus m at michalrus.com
Sun Jun 12 12:34:21 CEST 2016

Hey,

in my nixos-config, I’ve got wifi-passwords.nix.gpg (the rest of the
config is publicly available), and what I’d like to do is:

    import ./wifi-passwords.nix.gpg;

Or:

    imports = [ ./wifi-passwords.nix.gpg ];

… somewhere in configuration.nix. And when issuing `nixos-rebuild
switch`, GnuPG would be used to decrypt the file.

How can I achieve that? Was this discussed before (I can’t find any
mentions)? May I post a feature request in an issue or will it be
rejected?

This seems like a useful feature and I have quite a few other uses for
it besides Wi-Fi passwords. Currently, I’m using gpg manually, though,
and that’s asking for errors.

Thank you!

--
Michal Rus