[Nix-dev] Stackage Support Will Be Discontinued

Kosyrev Serge _deepfire at feelingofgreen.ru
Sat Jun 11 21:22:37 CEST 2016

Benno Fünfstück <benno.fuenfstueck at gmail.com> writes:
> There should be still a way to do this. I don't think stackage
> supports needs to be removed from `hackage2nix` or `cabal2nix`, so you
> can still simply generate your own `hackage-packages.nix` and include
> that with your project to pin the hackage snapshot.

For an idle bystander (who, nevertheless might find himself in the same
business mid-term), this sounds like a surprisingly fresh and nearly
perfect solution for all problems!

Now, the question is about ergonomics of actually going through the hoops.

If there was some relatively fool-proof tooling that allowed easy
creation of LTS package sets..  I guess that could have solved concerns
voiced by Anthony.

--
с уважениeм / respectfully,
Косырев Сергей