[Nix-dev] Stackage Support Will Be Discontinued

Peter Simons simons at nospf.cryp.to
Fri Jun 10 15:31:13 CEST 2016

Hi Thomas,

 > Anthony's complaint is:
 >
 >   The choice to discontinue Stackage support makes Nixpkgs
 >   significantly less useful to some of our users.

which packages do you (or Anthony) compile in old LTS package sets today
that you would be unable to build in haskell.packages.lts? If there is any
specific problem, then I am sure we can find a solution.

If the problem is that you (or Anthony) want full Stackage support,
period, then I'm afraid you'll have to do that yourselves because I see
little value in generating those ~90 untested, unmaintained package sets
any longer and do not wish to continue doing that.

IMHO, a solution that makes the entire LTS Haskell package set available
in an extra repository to those who want it sounds like a good compromise,
but don't feel strongly about that subject. In any case, I don't want to
be involved much in such an endeavor for the reasons outlined in the
posting that started this thread.

Best regards,
Peter