[Nix-dev] Latex package to handle unicode characters?

Guillaume Maudoux (Layus) layus.on at gmail.com
Wed Jun 1 12:24:45 CEST 2016

Hi,

`xelatex` comes with the texlive package `xetex`, which is included in
scheme-small.
I just checked that adding xetex to my texlive.combine function, and I
have access to xelatex.

You can try it yourself with
$ ls -l $(nix-build -E "with import <nixpkgs> {}; pkgs.texlive.combine {
foo = pkgs.texlive.scheme-small; }")/bin/xelatex
lrwxrwxrwx 7 root root 5  1 jan  1970
/nix/store/85ix8d6wy1f9lsy97cqyp0z7hp5iaapw-texlive-combined-2015/bin/xelatex
-> xetex

If you do not have xelatex in your env, there must be an issue somewhere.

Best regrads,

-- Layus.