[Nix-dev] how to go about refactoring nixos-container?

Eric Merritt eric at merritt.tech
Fri Jul 22 17:12:43 CEST 2016

Kosyrev,

We are probably doing something pretty similar. We use nix to generate our images at all the various levels from testing through production. We use nixos-container as a cheap way to standup our system on the desktop. To that end I have been making changes. In the very short term, my goals are just to make the nixos-container command a bit more tractable and trust worthy. In the mid term I want to be able to spin up a container without root privileges. In the very long term, I want to orchestrate local infrastructure in the same way I do my remote infrastructure. All of this starts by making nixos-container a bit nicer to live in.

Eric

Sent from [ProtonMail](https://protonmail.com), encrypted email based in Switzerland.