[Nix-dev] Best way to store strong passwords in nix configuration file

4levels 4levels at gmail.com
Wed Jan 13 16:23:22 CET 2016

Hi Markus, Guillaume and Fabian

first of all, thank you all for your productive replies!
I have resorted for now to use passwords without any special and unicode
characters (as that might have been the actual issue here).
Moving the password to different files seems a bit difficult as I need them
to generate config files for various applications, and I need a lot of them
(for each client I easily have 10 different passwords / keys).
As soon as I managed to get stronger passwords to work, I'll be glad to
report back here how I did it ;-)

Kind regards and keep up the great attitude, you guys rock!

Erik