[Nix-dev] How to get correct length of a string containing non-ascii characters

Vladimír Čunát vcunat at gmail.com
Tue Jan 12 08:47:47 CET 2016

Hi.

On 01/12/2016 12:29 AM, Erik Rybakken wrote:
> In nix, when finding the length of a string containing non-ascii characters,
> the number of bytes in the representation is returned

I'm fairly certain it would need changes to the core of the evaluator to
properly support UTF-8 (I assume that the format you have in mind). You
can file an issue.

Well, technically it should be possible to implement such a thing in
nixpkgs but I really wouldn't want to code that and it would be awfully
slow.

--Vladimir