[Nix-dev] Correct XMonad Configuration

Taeer Bar-Yam tb442 at cornell.edu
Mon Jan 11 17:39:44 CET 2016

Are you on the unstable channel? You might want to consider switching to it.
Using:
$ nix-channel --remove nixos
$ nix-channel --add https://nixos.org/channels/nixos-unstable nixos

I ran into the same exact issue, and I'm pretty sure there was a workaround using the stable channel (which I don't remember, sorry), but that this problem has been actually fixed in the unstable channel, and in fact, this is my entire xmonad setup (in configuration.nix):
    windowManager.default = "xmonad";
    windowManager.xmonad = {
      enable = true;
      enableContribAndExtras = true;