[Nix-dev] [***SPAM***] Re: Regarding the Wiki

benley at gmail.com benley at gmail.com
Mon Jan 11 05:50:55 CET 2016

I agree, and feel that killing the wiki would be a mistake.  The existing
wiki could really use some clean up and better structure, but its existence
was a crucial factor in helping me get started with Nix and I imagine the
same is true for many other users.

http://wiki.archlinux.org is an excellent example of what we might strive
to achieve: collections of unofficial documentation with conventions around
structure and format, with links from wiki pages to canonical documentation
resources wherever it is available.  It is, and should always be an
approachable starting point for contributing something to the user
community.  An active wiki is a strong positive signal about any open
source project, imo!