[Nix-dev] Flattening pkgs tree in nixpkgs/pkgs

Profpatsch mail at profpatsch.de
Fri Jan 8 01:32:34 CET 2016

Full ack for flattening all-packages.nix.
I didn’t even know there where sections until a few days ago,
the file is simply too large.
Let’s just sort the top level by alphabet.

On 16-01-08 01:10am, Luca Bruno wrote:
> So I propose to still have directories, but chosen by maintainers. For
> example I don't want all the gnome3 packages to be in a flattened directory
> together with everything else.
> Pretty sure the same applies to our toolchain and base system tools, or
> kernel stuff, kde, Xorg stuff, ecc.

Folders should stay imo, but be considerably simplified. Of course the folder
stucture of frameworks should be decided upon by the maintainers.
It wouldn’t hurt to have a similar structure shared by all frameworks, though.

Now the problem is: Who has enough time to refactor everything? :)

--
Proudly written in Mutt with Vim on NixOS.
A: http://five.sentenc.es