[Nix-dev] Flattening pkgs tree in nixpkgs/pkgs

Tomasz Czyż tomasz.czyz at gmail.com
Fri Jan 8 01:21:56 CET 2016

@Luca:
Why haproxy is more a tool and sigproxd is more application than tool?
./tools/networking/haproxy
./applications/networking/siproxd
Why there is no common networking category? (simple, because most programs
match multiple categories)

Same for "groups", why gnome-terminal is more gnome and not more terminal?

@Jonn
Could you give an example? I'm using nix ~0.5year and not familiar with all
internals yet.

Tomasz Czyż