[Nix-dev] non-"dynamic-only" GHC

Taeer Bar-Yam tb442 at cornell.edu
Tue Jan 5 20:48:55 CET 2016

Hi Peter,
Thanks for the reply; that's very good to know.
I thought it was the same issue because I am getting the same "No rule to make target Prelude.hi needed by Main.o" message, and this is the only thing I found online that explains it. I haven't been able to reach anybody on #ghc, but maybe I should try again. Do you know any other reasons I might be getting this message? It seems like an odd one; I'm not sure why any makefiles/rules would be missing.

As a side note, I seem to have to run ./configure with a bunch of options like --with-curses-includes=/run/current-system/sw/include, since GHC apparently doesn't know where to look for these things. Did you have to do this when you built GHC? I think that most of the time nixos manages these for me, but for some reason this time it didn't.
  --Taeer