[Nix-dev] My Hydra can't send mail

Bas van Dijk v.dijk.bas at gmail.com
Mon Jan 4 20:28:01 CET 2016

I recently deployed my own Hydra server but I think it has a problem
sending mail because I see the following in the journal:

  hydra-queue-runner[24341]:
    Hydra::Plugin::EmailNotification=HASH(0x4f4b1e8)->
      buildFinished: error when closing pipe to sendmail:
  hydra-queue-runner[24341]: sendmail: Cannot open mailhub:25
  sSMTP[21796]: Cannot open mailhub:25
  sSMTP[21796]: Unable to locate mailhub
  sSMTP[21796]: /etc/ssmtp/ssmtp.conf not found

For full logs see: http://www.mpaste.com/p/cNwe

Do note that I have a postfix service running on that machine:

  services.postfix.enable = true;

And services.postfix.setSendmail is kept to the default of true which
means that the sendmail in the PATH is postfix's sendmail.

How can I let hydra use postfix's sendmail properly?

Cheers,

Bas