[Nix-dev] How can we make import-from-derivation more useful?

Ericson, John john_ericson at brown.edu
Mon Jan 4 10:30:41 CET 2016

Shea's changes sound good, and I once wrote up a plan for making
`--dry-run` play nicer with this https://github.com/NixOS/nix/issues/666 .
That said, I rather just start using import-from-derivation in nixpkgs
immediately, and let the fallout be more motivation to improve nix. IMO,
anybody using the eval-everything portions of nix-env is a masochist
anyways :).