[Nix-dev] NixON initiative

zimbatm zimbatm at zimbatm.com
Mon Feb 29 23:54:00 CET 2016

@Eelco: that looks super cool, once it’s in we should implement all the
nix-prefetch-* scripts in function of that.

One difference is that nix-prefetch-git also resolves the git revision from
a tag or branch name which makes it easy to generate an update script.

@gfxmonk: heh not yet but https://github.com/NixOS/nixpkgs/pull/13584
changes the output to JSON. After(if) that change lands you can do
something like:

$ nix-prefetch-git git://yoururl > repo.json

and in nix:

mkDerivation {
  src = stdenv.lib.importJSON ./repo.json;
}

​