[Nix-dev] NixON initiative

Graham Christensen graham at grahamc.com
Sun Feb 28 16:04:24 CET 2016

I think it is a great idea for these functions to return valid nix
expressions, and to be able to directly write them to a file. I also
really like the idea of creating a named subset only containing literal
values.

However... I disagree about calling it something special other than just
a plain nix expression until the parser actually limits on what can be
in the file. As it is now, it would be just yet another term to know about.

I worry that without restrictions it makes the distinction meaningless,
and worse, creates files which are so-called "nixon" but may not
actually be. This could make it much more difficult later on to add
restrictions.

Best,
Graham