[Nix-dev] Fwd: Wiki is dead

Profpatsch mail at profpatsch.de
Thu Feb 25 13:10:01 CET 2016

> On Tue, 23 Feb 2016 at 21:29 Vladimír Čunát <vcunat at gmail.com> wrote:
> > My personal opinion is that this is mostly an excuse. It's a XML subset
> > and everyone should know at least a bit of (X)HTML or similar stuff.
> > Note that for almost all docs we use ~10 types of tags and the format is
> > by itself human-understandable. (Typically it's enough to copy fragments
> > from a few paragraphs around and edit to have the new content. We might
> > also compose a list of tags with examples on what we typically use them
> > for.)

I can confirm that. For small edits, it is enough to copy from the surroundings.

On 16-02-23 10:22pm, zimbatm wrote:
> I started writing some docbook. Maybe I will get used to it but writing
> `<datasetlist><listitem>foobar</listitem></datasetlist>` is way more
> painful that `* foobar` in markdown. Especially in writing I think it's
> important to be able to move text around without too much overhead so that
> text can be reworked until it feels right.
>
> Thanks god there is pandoc so I can keep submitting docbook while writing
> my cozy markdown :)

Maybe we can describe a way to write the docbook documentation in
<favourite markup> on the local machine and then convert it to docbook
for check-in.

What is your setup for that?

--
Proudly written in Mutt with Vim on NixOS.
A: http://five.sentenc.es